Being part of a commercial truck accident has the potential to change your life in many ways. Due to the size difference in vehicles, there's always a chance that you could suffer a serious injury.
With this in mind, there could come a point when you want to learn more about your legal rights. This will lead you to learn more about commercial truck accident litigation, as to ensure that you have a clear idea of what to expect in the future.
Here are some important things you can do regarding the investigation of the crash:
- An immediate investigation is essential, along with the preservation of any evidence
- Witness statements, such as those from other drivers or investigating officers, can also come in handy
- You can use the internet to learn more about a particular trucker and trucking company
- Learn more about the driver's employment history, such as any past violations, traffic citations and criminal charges
- Many commercial trucks have a recorder, along with a GPS system, which can provide information on what happened leading up to the accident
- Focus on the history of the trucking company pertaining to any past accidents and DOT audits
As you can imagine, there is nothing easy about commercial truck accident litigation. This is particularly true because you have so much to worry about in regards to your health.
As you focus on your health and well-being, pay close attention to your legal rights. The steps you take following the accident will have a lot to do with what happens as your case moves through the legal system.
Source: HuffPost, "A Brief Introduction to Commercial Truck Accident Litigation," Brad Reid, accessed Jan. 11, 2018